Marina Lee mlee@WomenInTechNetwork.com
Marina Lee, Chair, Founder and CEO
Contributor: Entrepreneur Magazine,
Huffington Post, USA Today,
Washington Post, Glass Hammer & Business News Daily.
Women In Tech Network is an inclusive group – 19+ Advisory Board Members:- Houlihan Lokey | M&A Executive Deloitte | CTOs | CIOs | CEOs | Founders | Senior Partner of Private Jet Charter Co. (16 Fleets) | Oppenheimer Executive | SVPs of Studio | C-Level Executive of national publication |plus notable VCs
Women In Tech Network’s 1 Million Movement is starting the conversation with Senior Editor of Wall Street Journal, and Senior Executives of NBC Interactive, SONY, SVP of Disney, CEOs of Tech, CTO of national publication and Hollywood Studio C-Level Executive. We were assisting Milken Institute with World Leaders & Fortune 500 CEOs 2015.
Advisory Board: Techmanity (Partner Fast Co., LIVE Nation & IDG), Charles & Co, B Resilient & 1500+ High-Net worth Fundraiser Event (Co-Founder & Board Member)
Business Summary: Women In Tech Network is the largest female tech organization in Southern California, with a galvanized community of nearly 59,000+. For nearly five years, the Women In Tech Network has brought together some of tech’s biggest thought leaders, influential social innovators, celebrities, VC’s and investors in think tanks and symposiums to dialogue on tech’s biggest issue, closing the gender gap.
Women in Tech Network’s Mission is to advance gender parity in the tech startup ecosystem. We work to bring more investments and funds to women entrepreneurs in Southern California. As we embark on the 2015 year our strategic priorities are clear; expand our reach and continue to encourage greater public advocacy for female led startups and companies, match the best in female led startups with the best in VC funding and other vital resources and build our internal infrastructure. We are working hard to ensure that every possible opportunity is afforded to female led tech companies.
Why We Exist:
- 7% of venture capital funding goes to women-owned businesses
- 2% of investing VCs are women
- Startups with women executives succeed more often
- Women are still underrepresented
- LA Tech Startup Ecosystem is the 3rd Largest Tech Ecosystem in the World behind Silicon Valley and Tel-Aviv. Yet Startups in our LA Tech Startup Ecosystem get less funding including lower valuation than Silicon Valley. New York receive twice the funding.
- “A new digital startup is starting every 40 hours. This is a critical moment for the startup industry. L.A. has always been a great place to tell a story. If I had to sum it up, L.A. is where creativity lives.” Eric Garcetti, Mayor of Los Angeles.
According to Entrepreneur Magazine, “Women own 10.6 million businesses in the United States”. Our deep connection to the female entrepreneur will allow a ripe opportunity for a steady client referral pool.